Tuesday, October 31, 2006

the morning after

I was utterly shattered after yesterday's birthday, which probably meant that it all went quite well. I had been determined to keep this year's parties to a minimum so as not to tire myself out too much, but last week Joy decided she wanted to have a party after all, and not the planned sleepover with one friend. I had had quite a disturbed night with people wandering around at all hours, so the morning passed in a bit of a haze, with Joy opening some presents- (she has now finished Starring Tracy Beaker already and has moved on the Double Act, (Jacqueline Wilson)).
So party preparations took up the rest of the day- I can't believe we swept and hoovered the floor- it was worse this morning than ever! I managed to make and ice the cake in the afternoon- just had to take another photo to show the fab colour I got with beetroot juice! So we had Jasmine, Kit, Imogen and Sol, Lily and eventually Yggy, who we had to hold up the pinata for as by this time it was dark and they kept getting lost- I had to go out and find them. They last people left at 20 past 8 and I had to get my lot to bed, all sugared up on sweeties in time to get up for school.
But Joy didn't want to go to school. I don't know if she wants to carry on going or not. I don't think she's really got into it. In some ways I'm pleased as I'd like them all to be at home as I'd really like to do some more exciting stuff with them, like visiting places. I'm fed up I didn't make the most of them all being at home last year. I miss the freedom of it. I don't know weather I should help make the decision for her as she's obviously agonising over it and I don't think it's a good idea to dip in and out of it. Maybe we should give it till Christmas and then decide. It's a big decision as I thought if Joy was going the boys could both start next year and that would give me some time to get some work done. But part of me would really like to stay at home with them a lot longer. I just don't know how feasible this is in my current circumstances. It's such a big thing sending her to school. I'm not sure if I was in my right mind making a decision like that. Things had been so difficult for me and I suppose I thought it would help, but I'm not sure that it has. Well, it was a relief not having her around because she was really getting on my nerves, and not happy, but maybe I just needed a break.

No comments: