Tuesday, November 13, 2007

greetings from Hebden Bridge

So we've arrived. No internet yet, but the phone's been on a week so it shouldn't be too long now. We went to the library this morning to exchange books, etc and go online, but I only had a few minutes after changing my address, etc etc.
The house is fine and it feels like home, although we are still really getting used to our new life and it all still feels a bit disjointed and new. It's lovely and cozy and sunny and the garden is great. There's stuff everywhere! Yesterday Dave came round to help in the garden and we ended up dismantling the climbing frame (long story) to make a bit of space. And I got some new pegs and a washing line to dry the endless amounts of washing that have appeared since Milly came round and plumbed in the washer (and fixed the toilet.)
I don't suppose I can make much sense now- as I'm in the Arts centre with the kids and they all want a go on the internet, too. Plus I'm dying for a coffee and one of Meg's friends broke my cafetiere the other day- must get one.....

5 comments:

AC said...

I hope that the unpacking goes well. I still have boxes to unpack in the attic and we moved in 10yrs ago...all vital stuff that we can't live without:-)
Take care,
Alison

Gill said...

How's it going Rosie? Happy new house!!

Minnie said...

Happy New Home:O)

Author One said...

Ditto! Hope you're all settling in well. Tech xx

Rosie said...

Thanks- we're doing ok, just ready for hibernation, I think...