Tuesday, September 04, 2007

no new house? :(

OK, the survey is due to be done on this house tomorrow. I am due to see the vendor of the new house for a friendly chat tomorrow. It is Fergus's birthday tomorrow, and I haven't go him a present, hoping that "daddy" would phone, as promised, before now, as I don't know if he's got him anything. I told Fergus when I was putting him to bed that he could get something big for the new house for a present.

Anyway, I just received the following email:

Hi Rosie
Having considered and taken advise on the sale of the house i think the only acceptable conclusion is that we split the sale 50/50.
Email me if you have any queries.
Cheers
brendan

That means no new house. That means no house at all. I can't believe he could do this to the children. It's bad enough going back on his word, the arrangement that has been agreed for several months. This will leave me and his 3 children homeless, if he can get away with it, which I doubt. But I've already ... but... splutter.... what's going to happen next?
Please bear in mind when commenting that Brendan has access to this blog, but any advice off-blog would be greatly appreciated

18 comments:

Author One said...

Well Brendan you are a first class shit. Hope it makes you feel like a real man to do this to your children. ARGH ((((Rosie)))) I think you should take your own advice, this is not on. Feel free to delete this if you're not comfortable having it here, I'm just shocked and disgusted, really, it's disgraceful behaviour.

Elaine said...

oh well Rosie in that case you will have to stay put so take the surveyor up to the leaky loft then into the kitchen to point out the mouse droppings then mention the fleas then... you get my drift
Good gracious men are just so into money it is their god!
strange innit cos at the end of the day money cant buy owt that is really important, love , happiness, well being,

Elaine said...

yes Rosie I deliberately put mine on here but delete it if you wish

Rosie said...

No, I'm fine leaving this kind of thing here, just thinking this may end up in court, so some stuff might be better off being kept private for now, IYSWIM.
Thanks for your speedy responses, you 2- I'm just still sitting here, jaw-dropped, looking at the email with Meg, no birthday cake baked yet.. don't forget i have really struggled with myself to plan a fun home-edders picnic tomorrow, too!

Elaine said...

Also as your children are dependant and will be for a number of years I am afraid brendan has been wrongly advised and you have to have the funds for a home until the children are independant at least 18yrs old then if you got more than half you would be expected to sell and let him have the share the COURTS deemed him due

Elaine said...

Oh and before anybody poo poos my ramblings please bear in mind that I fought mr scum and won. He had a legal team that cost over a thousand a day I had a legal aid lawyer.
Why did I win? because I was asking for mine and the childs legal right and no amount of money can alter that.

Author One said...

You're not the only one with a dropped jaw :( Least the picnic is planned and you will be able to chat and get lots of advise and support from people xxx

Elaine said...

OK here is the LAW
But there isn't enough money to buy another property. What could happen?
The court could consider selling the property and dividing the proceeds according to the needs of each spouse so that two smaller properties could be bought. If this is not financially feasible, then the first consideration of the court would be any dependent children. A home must be provided for the children irrespective of the other parent's plans and aspirations.

Author One said...

Ha Brendan, you're screwed, does it feel good?

Gill said...

(((Rosie)))

Will talk to you at length offlist/IRL xx

Classroomfree said...

(((hugs))) from me Rosie.

dottyspots said...

(((Rosie))) - can't really add to what anyone else has said.

Ruth said...

"Also as your children are dependant and will be for a number of years I am afraid brendan has been wrongly advised and you have to have the funds for a home until the children are independant at least 18yrs old then if you got more than half you would be expected to sell and let him have the share the COURTS deemed him due"

This is true. You don't have to move now at all Rosie:)

Rosie said...

Thanks you all. I am feeling a bit more positive now and hopeful that this could be sorted out somehow, Hopefully I will get a solicitors appointment tomorrow and get some legal advice so I can decide what is the best step to take.

these boots said...

Hi Rosie,

Just wanted to add my sympathies, and also second Elaine's comment about not being intimidated of expensive lawyers etc. I had a really piffling matter with a neighbour and it was us in the small claims court - him with his London Lawyer (complete with waistcoat, pocket watch and sneer) and me just standing up for myself and what I believed was fair ... I won.

Hope things start becoming clearer soon .... but you'd think he'd care enough about his own kids to ensure they live somewhere decent, wouldn't you? :-(

Lucy

Minnie said...

Sounds like you are better off without the b man!! Fancy trying to get at you via the kids. Not very honourable is it? Maybe he has a hidden agenda?

Been through this myself but my ex wasn't such an arse. No court in this land will make a mother and kids homeless, so yes..the b man is screwed!!

Feel free to delete, but you hang in there, Rosie:O)) xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm gobsmacked. I don't know you but a virtual hug is kinda supportive right?

((hug))

Rosie said...

Thankyou for all your support and hugs :)
I am just trying to stay focussed on what I think is the best thing for the kids, trying not to get too stressed, and hopefully find a solution to the problem.