This is what we did on New Year's day.


After a bit of an impromptu party at ours the night before we were all a bit worse for wear, but it was nice to carry on with most of the people who we had brought in the new year with, plus about 30 other people, notably Jane of the Paddock, who it was lovely to bump into in a field somewhere above Hebden Bridge, not too far away from our old house, actually.

We just made it to the 1 o'clock minibus, which wasn't quite big enough for us, so Clare had to bring her car up. There was soup and hot potatoes, which we gladly partook of before getting our hands dirty.

By quarter past two I think I had planted one tree, with Freddie eagerly helping, but we soon picked up the pace and planted about 200, apparently, (that's altogether, not just me and Freddie!)


...but I think it looks like more? We stuck it out until it was getting dark, anyway.
After a bit of an impromptu party at ours the night before we were all a bit worse for wear, but it was nice to carry on with most of the people who we had brought in the new year with, plus about 30 other people, notably Jane of the Paddock, who it was lovely to bump into in a field somewhere above Hebden Bridge, not too far away from our old house, actually.
We just made it to the 1 o'clock minibus, which wasn't quite big enough for us, so Clare had to bring her car up. There was soup and hot potatoes, which we gladly partook of before getting our hands dirty.
By quarter past two I think I had planted one tree, with Freddie eagerly helping, but we soon picked up the pace and planted about 200, apparently, (that's altogether, not just me and Freddie!)
...but I think it looks like more? We stuck it out until it was getting dark, anyway.
2 comments:
looks great community spirit there
what a great thing to do on New Year's Day... :0)
Post a Comment