A man from the Library came round yesterday while I was having a nap and asked for Joy's overdue books- They don't do this, so that's weird enough. Meg gave him the pile of 5 girls books off the kitchen table, where I'd told her. They were the wrong books. They weren't even library books. He didn't even check. But he wrote a receipt. So now I have to go to the library and explain?
The 5 books happened to be there as Joy had asked me to pick them up from the group, where she had left them. Needless to say I was a bit dozy after my nap and lost it a bit when I realised what had happened.
Also: A CD of my pictures that I had left on my borrowed work computer got returned to sender today for no apparent reason.
Also: I found out my name was in the new phonebook when Meg lost her purse at the weekend and the man from Marshalls found it and found us in the phonebook. So I had to check last night when I saw someones unopened phonebook... My name is in it... my FULL NAME. Bad enough I'm the only one with that surname but why have they included my first name too? I certainly didn't ask for it or fill in the form wrong, as was suggested last night. And I haven't paid any extra... or have I?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Seems to be a week for blogging about overdue library books! We've had the Man round about ours, in years gone by. Very nice man. Nice little job, so it seems!
Ew at your name in the phone book! We're ex-d.
eek! at least i didnt have to pay anything, unless they don't return my non-library books. It's probably the same man you had. He was nice, apparently, and sort of apologetic..."I was just in the area collecting DVD's and..."
Post a Comment