Tuesday, May 06, 2008

the day we went to school

Tuesday we went to look round a school (shock, horror, hold the front page...). I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I've been thinking about this for quite some time and I seem to have been spending a lot of time around people who think that I'm mad for not sending them to school. i have been a bit down recently and felt like I've been struggling with everything really: the house, the kids, myself, life, etc. I thought maybe it would be an idea, at least to look and then think about it some more.

So anyway, this is what I dragged them away from: lunch in the treehouse on a lovely sunny day in the garden.

By the time I was halfway there I was far from convinced that I could do this every day: this road's ok when you're walking to the pub, but all that traffic, it's highly unpleasant during the day with children.
The staff were all really friendly and we got stickers! I don't think the boys were very impressed though.

We found a better route on the way back, past the canal. There are nearer schools but both the infant ones are full already for September and Fergus would be at junior. This one is J&I with mixed ages, small year groups, smaller and more flexible and friendy I think. The Head was really nice and talked to us in her office.
So, anyway, they really still don't want to go to school and I don't really want them to either. I suppose I had to go and visit to help me to stop thinking about it. I thought they should see it so they could know what they were missing. I'm feeling a lot more positive about life now, after seeing the homeopath and the sun coming out, so maybe that's all I needed. Anyway, it gave us something to do for a bit.

5 comments:

Tech said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tech said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tech said...

Oh blooming 'eck! That's me - Tech - Rosie, trying to leave a comment with my name is defeating me! All I wanted to say was that it sounds like you had an interesting day out anyway! xx

Rosie said...

ooh! hiya... yep we did ;-)
have to catch up with you soon, anyway xxx

Gill said...

Wow! I can't imagine your three in school somehow.. But, well, whatever works for you all is good isn't it? I sometimes flirt with the idea, but soon drop it again. Full time is just too much.