Ok- we have done some more to the patio this week: I got as many bags of sand as I could get in the car and laid the slabs back down.
First we had to remove the old cement from the back of the slabs, which the boys quite enjoyed doing. I managed the hard bits using two hammers as Jon hadn't been round with his coal chisel (until later when we were nearly finished).
They helped me rake out the sand, which was quite fun- like a playing in a giant sand pit- we need a sand pit. We had a sand pit- O yeah, it's a pond now ;-)
It was really hard work, actually- I always seem to choose the hottest days for doing these things...
And this is how it's remained since Tuesday. Well, at least this bit's flat. The decking slabs have to be laid properly, of course, I just put them down to see how they fit. There are now several bags of sand and gravel and cement sitting in a Land Rover somewhere in the Calder Valley...
No comments:
Post a Comment