
If I had blogged last night about yesterday it would have been a moan about how I ended up with several large bags of shopping containing split bags of sugar, broken eggs and melted ice cream, after a fraught Lidl expedition, during which I suddenly realised at the busy check-out that I was supposed to be at the other side of Tod and also at home, having treble-booked myself. ("I'm just getting off the bus outside your house..."; "I'll be at the cafe, I'll wait..."). But I can laugh about it now, and it all turned out OK, with a surprise trip to the reptile house, and the final acquision of sand and gravel.
Anyway, today was a long day wandering round Hebden, taking in the latte and Piers and Tom busking as pirates, getting the wind in my ears, and visiting the
Big Green Market, full of ethical consumerism (and free fruit!). I was quite wiped out by five and had to take a nap (full of disturbed dreams of a cynical nature) before heading of to Lud to cook for new friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment