Monday, September 01, 2008

the day has come...


They start school tomorrow. I phoned the head today and had a chat, which made me feel better about it all. Found out they have a compulsury uniform! (well, all the kids wear it and it's VA, so maybe they can be compulsary, anyway, you just gotta do it really). I knew there were jumpers (obviously didn't take in much detail when we looked round *roll*) so I had asked around and arranged to meet a friend of a friend with the friend at 5 today. So we did a quick charity shop sweep of Hebden, well the three that are on the street where we were having baby chinos with some other friends (not, me, I had licorice tea; too much caffeine: bad for nerves). Can you beleive it, Shelter don't stock uniforms- they send them away to third world countries- well, fat lot of use your logo-shirts there, but anyway we got two plain white t-shirts, which will do under the jumpers instead of polo shirts. We tried Valet stores, which sells everything, apart from school uniforms, except for Calder High, and ended up at the most expensive shop in the universe, the only one in Hebden the sells children's clothes, and managed to find the only two pairs of black-or-grey trousers at half past four. We went to rendezvouz point to pick up jumper (Fergus's doesn't have a logo, and we already had it, but it's the right colour and it will do!). I think Freddie will grow out of the expensive trousers in five minutes or they will shrink in the wash, but hey, if we'd driven over to Asda we'd have got something cheaper plus a load more things and i would have been severely frazzled by now, instead of very frazzled.
We did get very wet, and the rendezvous place was shut, so we waited under sun umbrellas and made a dash for it, except it's useless trying to dash up the north face of the Eiger, only trudge soggily. the sun came out as soon as we got home, of course, and Joy had already taken in the dampened washing. So now I have the heating on to dry Joy's clothes. She was a bit miffed at not getting anything new, s she doesnt have to wear a uniform at her school, but she does had plenty of clothes which she doesnt wear much, living in Jods or pj's, mainly.
So we did have a trying on session, which must have taken over an hour, as I had to find stuff like PE kits, which they all found very exciting. Even Fergus seems excited now. Daddy called in with their shoes, which were bought for his wedding, and which I have never seen before.
Anyway, I'm rambling on about this as I am feeling so anxious. Like, like more nervous that when I took my driving test 25 years ago, or, I dunno like what, more than when either of the girls went to school. I can't remember my first day. I need something to calm me down, like a drink, or, chamomile tea... the shop shuts in approximately ten minutes. I might just hafta go and get some, plus milk for the morning... o no, the morning!...

6 comments:

Tech said...

Be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope it goes well for all of you xxxx

Gill said...

(((Rosie))) Me too xx

Ruth said...

Thinking of you today.My dd started college this morning and I just feel sick. Sha has gone of quite happily. Just me babbling and clucking.xx

Classroomfree said...

I do hope all goes well xxx

Tech said...

How did it go?

Rosie said...

Thankyou all :) we all survived. No tears. I'll post later...