Friday, August 29, 2008

school

And the news is... I have got them all places at school.
I just did it today, it has taken ages, mostly just getting my head round it. Part of me is wondering whether I am having some moment of madness which I will regret, but I am starting to see it in a more positive way. I have to, for them. I suppose, really, I have been thinking about it ever since I moved house, ten months ago, well maybe not that long. And it was a long hard winter. And a long wet summer, when I was hoping things would get easier. But it all got worse when the stables thing fell apart. Joy's still going up most days for a couple of hours, but she was going all day, and seems to need to be doing something at all times. I know, it's a temptation to fill up their lives with activities and not give them the time to get "bored", which they need, but the child is, honestly, a walking tornado of energy.
I suppose, I'm thinking still, there's no reason to send them all, just sending Joy would make a big difference. But I have been so burnt out, I think I need a rest. And it seems like a good time to do it: Freddie is quite into the idea now, and he will be starting reception class, and it will be easy, I think. Even Fergus is now prepared to give it a go ("for just one day, to see if I like it"), well, it's a start. We can only try it and see. At least we all no that there is another option and we know what it's like, so if it doesn't work... we shall have to see.
We went round to Josee and co's today, for birthday cake, (they're all HE now) and I felt like I was letting the side down a bit, but she made me feel ok about it, and was quite supportive. There's still a bit of doubt in my mind and I said I would think it over at the weekend and let them know on Monday. They start on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Gill said...

((((Rosie))))

You'll never know until you try, and if you hadn't tried then you might have spent the next few years wondering whether you should have done it.

tranquility said...

Rosie - you 'have' to go look at my blog. LOL.D