Tuesday, August 19, 2008

horse show

Well I was gonna blog about Joy's first horse show on Sunday but it's all here really. Here's a few pics, anyway.




We got pretty cold watching, but it brightened up later for the barbeque and bonfire we went to in the evening.
We've been for a few walks down by the river this week with the dog. The water's really raging at the moment and the beach is hardly there at all.
No, I'm not feeling very chatty at the moment- just got stood up for a meal-date, ie, I spent hours cooking, getting the kids in bed early, not letting Joy go on a late hack, all to be asked can we do it tomorrow? (this was still on at 6.30, when I was already cooking). Hmm? Well, I ate it and it was very nice, thankyou. Grr, tried really hard not to get cross and still haven't said yes to tomorrow. O the boys helped me tidy up, too! So there's a bonus, I suppose. Do I have any chocolate?
There are other issues on my mind, too, like the looming school year coming up. I thought it was settled- just Joy was going. Then I had an email from the Montessori school- there may or may not be any places between now and forever, just as vague as the state entry system. There are lots of reasons why I am considering sending them to school, having to earn money not being one of them at the moment. Well, actually, no, it's just me- I don't seem to be doing very well with my head still. Still very unsettled. Not that that's gonna solve anything like, but at least they won't have to be around me all day. Don't get me wrong - I'm not horrible to them- just aren't anything to them- I just shut myself off- yeah, my body's there, making toast and stuff, and sweeping the floor. Just kinda sad really. Not sure why.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

just had a lovely time catching up on your blog :)