Sunday, November 09, 2008

barging down and up


Yesterday I took the boys on a short trip along the canal with Dawn & Ro. There were issues with the engine when we first arrived, with a bag of lunch goodies from Oasis. But boat-fixer man was on hand, and we finally got going with not really enough daylight left to go there and back again.


I started off filling the first lock while Dawn set out with the boat. The boys were keen to help at this point. I ended up doing most of the locks, and there are many...

There was a short bit of cruising whilst the autumn views were to be enjoyed.


We fed the ducks and geese.

Meanwhile it had become necessary to make some green jelly on board, which didn't quite survive some of the dodgem-boating, and never quite set as I think someone had eaten some of the jelly cubes...not my boys, of course- they won't eat anything that they know is not totally veggie! (not my doing!).
And of course, since we had only got there, and not back, by dark, I had to leg it back along the towpath to fetch my car. But all was well and good and we all had a jolly time. It was the first bit of fresh air and excercsie I had had for days, having been in bed most of the week with this damn virus, that I still haven't shaken off and is making me quite tired and weak. Still aching from doing the locks- how feeble is that? I can't wait to be better so I can get on with it.

No comments: