Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ice cream Sunday


Well I think I managed to do a half-decent job on the boys' hair today, in readiness for the school photographs, having missed the barbers yesterday morning because I was just too tired to go out. It was just getting a bit out of hand: I must have cut about 8" off Fergus's at the back! and it's still not short, is it? He was complaining about it when he went swimming. Freddie had already had a fringe-job my step-mum, but he wanted to join in the fun, so I lopped off the remaining baby curls (don't weep) from the back and now hopefully it wont get so horribly tangled.
So here they are, enjoying a fabulous home-made strawberry ice-cream round at Meg and Si's, where we had tea, and watched Monsters Inc and Happy Feet! Well its our 2-weekly treat and we don't have a TV here, as you know. Meg's turning into a proper domestic goddess (with a full-time job of course!). Wonder where she gets that from, then ;-)
So, anyway, hello again, I'm back after two weeks. Feels like longer, actually, maybe loads has hapenned? Things have been a bit tough for me personally for the last couple of months, but maybe the bad cold has blown away the cobwebs. And now I'm getting some energy back- it really knocked me sideways that virus- I'm finally getting round to getting my life together, starting with the house.
Yeah- it's finally looking like something, the attic- I have had a few short bursts at it and now have a man helping me, which is making it so much quicker, and possible! Will show you soon, I promise.
I've been going out quite a bit, and sociallising...making up for all that time I spent up there on the hill with the kids, I suppose. And school actually brings me quite a lot of social time as well - coffees in the morning, etc. Also been spending far too much time on the internet, including the dreaded facebook! I finally reallised I had to come back to my blog when I was just overdoing it on facebook and almost treating it like a blog. Don't think you can see if your not a "friend" but there are photo's (thats just some). Must get back into putting stuff on Flickr again.
Anyway, OMG its gone midnight so I must go to bed already. See you soon. Thanks for the chat ;-)
Here's something to listen to... enjoy:-

3 comments:

Tech said...

Ah good to see you back and thank you for the music ;-)

Rosie said...

Ah Tech...lovely to see you-(in cyberspace that is!) I thought of you when I put that music on- If I had your address you could have a belated birthday present :)

Tech said...

Ooh, I'll have to rectify that then - will dig your addy out asap :D