If anyone tries to tell you it's not possible to catch a cold if you already have a cold don't believe them, because I am living proof that it is more than possible. This is getting beyond a joke. It's been three weeks now and, several grammes of vitamin C later, I'm actually getting fed up with not being able to get on with my life. Sitting by the fire, wearing fluffy jumpers, knitting socks, staying in bed all morning and going to bed early are all very well, but when do I get to actually do anything?
I just spent a slightly frustrating hour or so trying to make the webcam on Fergus's computer work, and trying to make Freddie's computer work. It is a sad fact that although they have a computer geek for a dad, they have the most ridiculously inadequate pieces of junk for pc equipment. As I said earlier, I'm not very good at making computers work out of thin air. I can do many many other useful things but that isn't one of them. Anyway, I did manage to find a programme already installed that makes videos from a webcam, which is what is now going on upstairs. And Freddie is playing on the Macbook- easy.
We are having a stay-at-home day today. I have excused Freddie from his party invitation in Halifax. What I sometimes forget is this could be the only day in two weeks that we all get to stay at home all day, and, believe me, we need it. I have a vague idea that I will get a few things done. Have already marked half-term, with a mental note to spring clean the house, so I can forget about all those annoying little jobs till then, hopefully? Maybe not... What I need is to make a to-do list so I can remember what I need to do, like find my chequebook and pay the coalman, etc. So the first thing I did was browse on Amazon for a calendar- OK a slight distraction, but I do need one. What I didn't reallise until recently was, Amazon remembers everything you've looked at at reminds you later. So when you've been having a laugh with your mate surfing the most ridiculous things, like 'shag yourslef slim', 'and what is your poo telling you?' it comes back to bite you on the bum, as it were. It even sends you emails reminding you that you were looking at toasters the other day and do you still want one? This is taking it a step too far as far as I'm concerned, the ultimate conclusion being Amazon noticing your toaster is broken and sending you one, just in case you had forgotton.
... O no Fergus's video is beginning to sound like something off Southpark. Well, I suppose it's better than watching what Freddie calls 'fighting games', ie anything vaguely too grown up and scary for a six year old, bless...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment