Thursday, October 04, 2007

apple tarts

On Wednesday at the group Sarah did apple tarts, which was great fun and were surprisingly tasty.






We also did some leaf rubbing with beeswax crayons, which some people washed over with watercolour for extra wax-relief effect.
It was a lovely session, with four families. And I kept it together even though I was really tired.
I've had a long chat on the phone with the person I had had problems with, who couldn't come this week, and I managed to say all the stuff I should have said a year ago, when I got so fed up I stopped going. Basically I just explained that I started it off as an arts and crafts session, and I wasn't happy for it to be turned into a non-specific free-for-all home-ed group by people who, as soon as they walk through the door think they have the right to turn it into what they want it to be and put half the other people off coming in the process. I didn't think I had the right to say this a year ago as me and Sarah seemed to be outnumbered, but I think there are enough people who agree with me and are happy for it to be how it is, without committee meetings, or being turned into a workers co-op. Not that I have anything against co-ops, and I'm not telling people how to home-educate teir kids. I just think this just works best if I run it like this, as I have this to offer. It doesn't work in that space to try to do other things (ie running round noisily) while other children are trying to do more focussed stuff. And there is always the park next door.

1 comment:

Gill said...

Glad you put your foot down and set it out so clearly. I always describe your group as "Rosie's arty/crafty group" ;-)