So, how are we doing? well there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. I just reallised we have been in Mercury retrograde since, well since everything went a bit pear shaped for me, and it will soon be turning back to normal, thank god. It gets me every time dunnit?
Well Im currently languishing in my bed, having been brought a cuppa tea by Fergus. My back has been bad for over a week, so blogging and other laptoppery from bed seems a sensible plan. So all's well and life is good, but I have been crying my eyes out this morning. This must be all part of the healing process, I'm sure, and it beats what I was feeling like a couple of weeks ago.
I think we will stay in today, as this will be Joy's only day at home this week. She appears to be still in bed, after staying out till after 10 last night, (watching X-factor). I had a babysitter and went down the pub and drank ginger beer, and then to the Trades to dance to a funk band. I got in for 2 quid as I knew someone who knew the band, and rotated my hips in a figure of eight fashion to the music, in an attempt to ease the pain in my back. I hoped that no-one could tell what I was doing, that I was just dancing, but Rachel noticed from the other room. I was home by pumpkin time and retreated to bed with laptop and hottie, where I remain.
I'll have to get up soon and make pancakes- mmmm! I suddenly got my appetite back on Friday and made yorkshire puds, apple crumble and custard, but yesterday I couldn't be bothered. I've been trying to keep myself occupied all week with nice things to do, since the visit to the homeopath on Monday morning, at which I was told: you're just gonna hafta go through this and it isn't going to be easy... So I had things on every day- early evening things, eating tea with people, that kind of thing. Probably good for me also as I haven't been eating or sleeping properly for weeks. So the panic/anxiety has lessened, and the feeling of wellbeing has increased; its been a hard week but I got through it.
The children seem quite settled; they're really loving being at home all weekend- the boys are just playing and playing and dressing up and in some sort of fantasy game or something involving toys and a huge amound of mess, which we tidied up last night for the babysitter coming, but no doubt is just as bad by now.
Their new room in the attic is far from ready: I had to stop the DIY when my back went. Might just hafta get someone to do it for me at this rate. I'll hafta post the pics of what i've done so far... (o hold on...mum, can you get the duplo down?)- that's why I have to move them to the attic- more floor space for toys, once the eaves have been opened out. (I just reached down a sit-and-ride bee and Freddie decided to try it out...on my foot! ouch!). Anyway, can't wait to get the house all sorted out. I'm really on it now, but have had a week off. I need to order some Kingspan for the totally uninsulated roof. Once my back is reasonably ok I should be able to cut and install this no problem. Don't think I'll attempt any more heavy stuff again- my body just can't take it. Am planning to go to pilates possibly to increase strength. I've also bought a swimsuit (50p) to go to the sauna- hopefully that will be soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment