Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas cold- bang on cue


The children have gone off to the grandparent's. In their new scarves.

I'm knitting me one now. I need one- I've got that horrible sore troaty thing they had. It just started on Sunday night. Well I am not without a scarf, but I need a short one I can wear inside while I'm doing stuff, that doesn't dangle into stuff. Joy finished Megs one, too. Not that I'm doing much, just sitting knitting- thats all I feel like doing.

Yesterday I had to get up while hey opened presents. Then I went back to bed till lunchtime. I was grumpy and badly behaved. I made Christmas dinner, with some help from Meg. I made a heart-shaped hazelnut and cranberry roast with apricot and walnut stuffing in the middle, decorated with cranberries. We had crackers and napkins and a tablecloth and candlesticks holly with berries. They reluctantly ate it with the help of the magic sprout stick. They got giddy on a mouthful of cava. We had Chrismas pudding, set on fire with the help of brandy. This was all a bit of a blur and I remember people shouting at me that I hadn't warmed the brandy, but it still worked. We had it with custard. It was all very nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling much better by now (I've started with the sore throaty thing today as well). Happy holidays to you.