
Bob fell off the ladder
Bob fell off the ladder
Bob fell off the ladder
it was a very silly thing to do
Here is Bob passing a bit of scaffolding to his mate, Chris. This was all very exciting. He came to fix the roof, the leaky, leaky roof. Apparently, "it doesn't get any better, Rosie". As it turns out, not only has a stone slipped down and is letting rain gush down the cavity wall, soaking the walls in Fergus's bedroom, but the stone is cracked, and may have to be replaced. We are talking a metre-long hunk of stone up there, and he was eyeing up the patio stones, which he laid a few years ago. He ended up deciding it wasn't possible to remove it (phew!) so it would have to be patched up.
However, when he was looking at the other part of the roof, the part where the rain pours in, over the stairs, there was a bit of rumbling around noise, and a loud almighty bang! and a smash! I thought he had put the ladders through a window. A glass light fitting had fallen down and broken in the laundry room. I went outside to see what had happened and it all seemed OK. Then Bob came in: "I've just fallen off the ladder". O my god! At least he had fallen onto a lower paert of the roof, and the ladder broke his fall. You see, on the wall round the corner from this photo there is a 30' drop, and I don't think he would have been able to walk in the door.
He came in for a cup of tea and toast. I didn't know what else to do. I offered first aid, but there was not much I could do apart from arnica for the bruises. he wasn't bleeding but he was in shock (I was in shock!). He went back up the ladder, but I think he had to do that. He went to the hospital later. Just cuts and bruises. He's coming back this week. O dear. Poor Bob.
1 comment:
Poor Bob :-(
Hope he makes a good, quick recovery.
Post a Comment