Thursday, January 18, 2007

severe weather warning


I just need to blog this before we lose power and/or internet connection altogther. It keeps going on and off. We have been experiencing the 'up to 80mph winds' as forecast, even in the HBTimes.
I don't seem to be able to catch this in photos, but here is Bob's ladder, the one he fell off. It has been blown down off the roof, and is balanced perilously, threatening to fall and smash a window or kill a passing dog-walker. I daren't attempt to get it down- it's quite big and heavy, and seems to have a life of its own, especially after what it did to Bob the other day. Apparently it slipped and he fell through it, which is quite a feat, for someone who's built like a hobbit.

We haven't been out today, needless to say. I have got the second lot of sick-stained bedding in the washer. Freddie seems a lot better and has said he isn't going to be sick any more. We were all too tired to get up after the disturbed night, so Joy has not been to school, again (!). Maybe this is the beginning of the end. I just found out two of the other children are leaving in the summer, because they don't want to go full time.
The children have been delighting in watching the wild wind, moving the wendy house and wobbling the ladder, knocking over bird table, chairs, etc. They are dressed up as hobbits, Dark Riders, etc, and playing all sorts of games.

2 comments:

Tim said...

You really need to do something about that. It is down to Bob, it is his ladder and he left it there, but if you don't tell him it is a danger to the public, then you might be liable for any injury or damage.

Rosie said...

yep- I know- I've told him and I have tried to get it down but it seems to be stuck, so I don't think it's going to fall any further. Thanks for your concern, Tim. Do you fancy coming to hold Bob's ladder? ;-)