Sunday, February 18, 2007

Chinese New Year in Manchester


We arrived, by train, in time to watch the dragon parade from just up from the Chinatown arch and Falkner St car park.




We had some Chinese street food and bought paper dragons and lanterns


We got caught up in the ceromony of the dragons visiting every restuarant. A lettuce is dangled out of a window and eaten by the dragon, accompanied by percussion music. This seems to be very serious business.


Joy voluntered to take part in the Kung Fu demonstration. I think Riding Horse stance was a bit of a doddle for her!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Love the dragon:)

Anonymous said...

fab.

Gill said...

Great pics! Oh, one year we'll get there in time ;-)

Louise said...

You see I didn't need to go into Manchester, I can just see it all on your blog ;o)Great photos.
My youngest hates crowds and noise so we haven't been to see this for years, one day maybe!