Tuesday, April 10, 2007

spring cleaning

Well I managed to get ourselves out of the house for a much needed distraction from the agonising wait over potential new house offer. I had forgotton that although I had rearraged the day for spring-cleaning the arts centre I had not told Dave as he has been on holiday. So, as he was expecting to do it anyway we went down and helped him out . The kids were quite reluctant to go but soon got into beating the doormats outside and ended up looking like filthy urchins. Dave mopped the floor, I hoovered, and brought a huge branch of forsythia from the garden. So the room felt much better for this evening's Taichi session: someone said it seemed like it had been loved and was loving us back.
I had a phonecall during the taichi class (!) from the vendor of *the house*, during which I established how many other offers there were and how much they were for, and basically that yes, I needed to increase my offer at 9am tomorrow. Much more info than I had been able to gain from the estate agents, who apparently didn't "want to get into a bidding war" (why?). So, still it's in the hands of the gods whether it's down the road or Heptonstall, but at least I'm clearer as to what I can do about it. And it should all be decided tomorrow, anyway.
Plus the phonecall saved me from a tricky bit of push-hands partner work with Tim, which had me collapsing on the floor in a heap of giggles. I felt so much better after Taichi and got back to find the kids bathed and ready for bed, and Meg doing Joy's hair- properly, like I never do! It's all shiny- she really has got fantastic long thick brown hair, which I usually scrape up into plaits, ignoring the clumps underneath! It was lovely to see the sisters bonding as theirs has always been a bit of a tricky relationship.
So today has ended on an up, with only the twinge in my stomach from a midnight hummous and celery moment. (Really shouldn't have been listening to this.)
Tomorrow: must do something interesting with the kids in the morning (Heath?) and then back to the arts centre for a spot of window cleaning.

No comments: