
What did I do today? hmm.. let me think.. I bought and extended red brick semi...
After an entire day of agonising over which x-council house I was going to plump for, and really not knowing what to do when it came down to "best and final offers by the close of business", at quarter to five I was sitting in the garden of the other house and decided that I would offer the same as I had done on that one. It was the better house, after all, with a bigger garden and close to where we live now, and when the extension is finished inside it will be really fantastic. They let me know within about fifteen minutes, to my surprise, and we all went to see Meg at work to tell her the news. I knew there were three other offers on the house and I really didn't know if mine would be high enough, but it was all I could really spend. So I can't quite believe I have done it and it looks like it will all start happening from tomorrrow.
This morning, when I just was beside myself with indicision, the only thing for it was to go out into the garden and hug the rowan tree and cry. This did help. As did manically cleaning the windows of the arts centre with Dave (S), and making a lengthy decision about face cream: sandalwood and lavender, or sandalwood, geranium and jasmine. I went for the second one, and those windows sure are clean now.
After tea, when I was on the phone to my mum, the children lit the (lilac tree) bonfire, which had been waiting for an occasion like this. So I let them do it, in fact I thought it was just what they needed to do. They had beed going through it all with me after all. We sat outside until half past nine and they started getting tired and asking to go to bed. Later, I sat out quietly by my self, looking at the stars and listening to the owls, woo-hoo.
5 comments:
Congratulations!! Looks like a lovely setting, the garden is gorgeous, and the house is huge!!!! Hope it all goes smoothly for you :-D xx
It's beautiful! Congratulations! xx
Yay! Well done!
Woohoo :o)
I soooo love that garden and the house looks a decent size too. am very happy for you all xxx
Thanks for all your positive comments- they are important to me as this is so scary- I've never bought a house before on my own. I've only showed it one friend, who seems to have an aversion to red brick semis, so I didnt get the gushing enthusiasm I needed to confirm I had done the right thing!
Post a Comment