Joy was really upset this morning as one of the rabbits had escaped and she didn't think it would come back. This set the mood for everyone to get very whingy and when I couldn't stand it any longer I decided we had to go out. The sky wasn't looking too promising but I decided on a walk down to Hebden. So after a slightly crazed moment of panic when I couldn't find a pump for the buggy wheels I decided to risk it as far as the bike shop, which was closed, but we managed.
We called in at Helen's for a drink and I told her about my new dress for her wedding and that the kids couldn't come because their father has got them tickets for the Cambidge folk festival, without asking me first.
We looked in at the Trades club and caught the last chord of the man singing Woody Guthrie songs, but didn't stay for the man with the sociallist hat on going on about stuff. We walked down the canal to Callis, even though I hadn't managed to get a reply from Guy. It turns out we just missed them, but at least he has my phone number now... "do we have to walk all the way home now?" "yes" "waaaah" " no, I meant no". Turns out there was a bus from Hebden, phew, I think five miles was enough for me, too. We did see a heron and some geese, ducks and a duckling. I got a text from Brendan saying the rabbit had returned- he must have called in specially after my panic phoncall which used up most of my credit.
Now I just need the housephone back on, a working fridge, to start packing and sorting my stuff, and to stop feeling so disintegrated.
O, but, synchronicity... I got in touch with the man about the didgeridoo workshop today, after hearing about him last week from Jude, who I hadn't seen for about a year, and it turns out he was at the sacred singing yesterday so I kind of met him then- wierd that I was suddenly compelled to do it (he is one of at least five people that I need to organise workshops with) and decided I had to phone him first and not email.
2 comments:
Jammy kids! My BIL usually does the bar at cambridge folk festival cos it gets him and his partner in for free. We've never been and have always been very jealous!
oh and yes please to the didge workshop and the other ones you mentioned elsewhere :)
Post a Comment