Must just do a bit of catch up while I still remember it- not that it was forgettable. Last weekend I drove down to Worcestershire with Meg to see my mum and dad. My dad was in hospital and quite poorly. Meg and I had both been out the night before (Friday night= compulsary going out!), so we didnt get a particularly early start, but I think 11 am wasn't too bad. It only took 3 hours. I Think there was a bit of a pre-cup final lull in the traffic, except that bit before Birmingham always has jams. And we had to stop for coffee after that, even though we were nearly there. It was sooo much easier driving without three yelling children in the back!
Here's us three: Meg, me and my mum.
My Mum at her computer, where she spengs a lot of time on second life!
The rug my dad started making for me- I hope he gets well enough to be able to finish it off. Well. you know, I mean I hope he gets well and comes home from hospital. He got quite poorly the day we went but we were able to talk to him at afternoon and evening visiting time.
We set off at 6.45 Sunday morning so Meg could go to work, but we had a phonecall at 7.30 saying dad had taken a turn for the worse. Mum didn't really want us to have to turn back but I phoned the hospital and they were talking next of kin, so I did a u- turn, back through Birmingham, of course taking in the wonderful M6/M5 junction again! We stayed till just after lunch, and dad didnt wake up while we were there, but he was transfered to get some special treatment, and mum was able tro stay with him all the time then, not just in visiting hours. Also two of my brothers and a sister turned up and we were able to take in in turns being with dad, and taking mum for lunch, etc, supporting her and each other. So I left feeling that I had done what I had to do. I did cry all the way from Cannock to Stoke on Trent, while Meg slept, but when I got home I found out dad had come round and was responding to the treatment.
Anyway, so I was pretty shattered by the whole experience, as you can imagine. We spent Saturday evening at my mum's watching the "Any dream will do" Josephs competing for a place in the West end, and enjoyed wacthing all those lovely young men!
2 comments:
Oh Rosie, huge hugs xxxxxxx
Your Mum on second life is way cool!!!!!! Think I'll give that a go when mine have flown the nest lol.
Hope that your dad is continuing to improve and can get back to your rug making soon.
Post a Comment