Went to Halifax to get slow puncture sorted out. Charlie Browns fixed it for free as I bought it from them. It had a screw in it. I love Charlie Browns. They lost my car keys, but it was fine, I just hung aroung and bought a wheel brace as I noticed I didn't have one when Raymond was trying to help me change the tyre. Good job I have an electric pump or I would have been stuck in the middle of nowhere (where Michelle lives) and no-one else had a wheel brace then? Apparenly they are different on a Land Rover, but Raymond has a car? There's only two sizes of wheel nut and most wheel braces have both. At least I know where the spare and jack are kept now. How long have I had that car? Well it became officially mine just after that West Yorks camp a couple of years ago?
Meanwhile... we shopped till we dropped, forgetting that I am now on a measly IS income- whoops! Well, I had to get some things for the house: filler for the floorboards: I looked at flea spray but all looked far too poisonous for children's bedroom, so hopefully if I fill in the gaps and carry on hoovering I will win!
Also got a new lampshade for the lovely meditaion/taichi room and T lights, etc. (Still needs curtains (white voile) and poles). And some paint for the outdoor furniture (It's half-sprayed with red oxide). (Wilco)

Also toys: (educational, of course ;-)) 3x mini model mechanics kit vehicles, which of course I spent ages assembling tonight; wooden beads with letters on; a 2' wooden skeleton kit (Home Bargains) Plus: a load of cheap juice and smoothies, etc

Plus 4 books: how to draw farm animals (Joy), a story/picture book (Fred) and large Tree and wild flower identification books. (The Works)
Plus: 2 Sunhats, 70% off at Accessorise
Plus: a turquoise cardi in Top Shop sale
Plus: sawdust and hay from rabbits- PetsatHome, should've got it from Wilco
Bet my bank account is aching now. This is retail therapy gone mad.
4 comments:
Hmmm fleas. We have that "little" problem at the moment. I have been vaccing every day but I find the flea lamps very effective. They are attracted by the heat, jump in and stick to the sticky pad. They were £7.49 (half price) from amazon. HTH xxxxx
Iye and there aint no substitute for retail therapy
hey thanks Lou, that's a great idea. now where's me bank card
?...
ben's got those beads cool arent they?
Post a Comment