Tuesday, November 07, 2006

it must be tuesday...



Because I had to get up, and detangle Joys hair. After the school run it still seemed quite early so I thought I had plenty of time to catch up on a bit of stuff, but Kelly phoned, for what turned into quite a long chat about Home-ed group, so by the time I had lit the fire and a few more first-thing type tasks, it was time for coffee, which turned into lunch, but argh! no coffee! I had to make do with yesterdays's warmed up. Fortunately it had been thick enough to withstand a top-up (O dear!). Fergus made an incredible Hobbit-inspired Laketown from wooden bricks and they both played happily all morning with playmobil, etc. It's great that they do all this spontaneous imaginative play- they get really into it. So it still counts as Waldorf-inspired education, then ;-)
I asked Fergus if he wanted to go to the group and he said yes and then crumpled his face and said he prefers playing with his playmobil. Fair enough. But after checking with Nic that he was going we decided to go for an hour, after Hebden Park. On the way down Fergus was thinking aloud about how he was going to deal with it if Abe tried to get him to do stuff he didn't want to do, and we had a conversation about the questionable wisdom of doing things just because other people have told you to do it. I promised to stay close by him just in case he needed me to back him up.
He didn't. But it was nice to sit with him listening to Nic's story, even though Izzy was running around with her cat! Freddie sat down and got on with some serious drawing- I had to get out the paper and crayons, which I think should be always out, but then that's my Waldorf training and 20 year's parenting experience compared to the people who've taken over the group (ooh, I won't bitch further).
I am looking forward to the group outing to the Horse & Bamboo show in December.
By the time we picked Joy up it seemed like it had been days since we dropped her off.

After riding we rushed back for the 15000th episode of The Archers, which was dissappointing (see earlier comments), and was punctuated by howls from Freddie who had fallen from his chair and badly bitten his lip- ouch! I think he's ok. I considered a trip to A&E but decided it would be far more traumatic than the actual injury, going on personal experience.

We finished The Hobbit! Now what?

No comments: