Sunday, July 22, 2007

WOYD festival day 2


The second day of the World on Your Doorstep festival seemed to have a better atmosphere, better weather and more people. The sun actually came out a few times and it only really rained once or twice. It was quite muddy, though.
I hung out with [a very nice man I met a few weeks ago], for a bit. He gave me an open invite to his house later on, and Sarah said she's going to get me a stick to beat men off with.


I bumped into Brendan and the kids, who had goes on the big inflatable slide thingy.
I tried to wander off, as it was supposed to be my weekend off, and I watched a bit of music, but they finally found me in Guy's teepee, and I got left with three tired hungry kids, after tea time; I had already shared a bowl of soup. I sent Brendan off to fetch the buggy, which he had forgotton, and he did fetch some sandwiches, which Joy wouldn't eat as they were mushroom pate. They were quite clingy and bored for a bit, but then got into playing with their friends.
We watched some more music in the acoustic tent. Here is the American man with the funny hair (Daniel Orlick). He was quite funny and entertaining; he was on the main stage, too.
And I finally got to see Mabel (shame about the house) with her husky-diva voice. I couldn't hear very well, but Dawn said it must have been my ears.



This is the entrance of the acoustic tent, and, yes, Freddie was squirming on my lap, walking on my legs with his muddy boots.

When we came out of the acoustic tent Freddie made a beeline for the kids all playing about happily in the middle, chasing bubbles.

They did get quite muddy. I know what I'm going to be doing tomorrow: WASHING.

Freddie stood like this for about 20 seconds, while we were waiting for chips, before I took a picture of him, too.

We did some litter-picking at the end. It seemed a shame it was all over at 8 o'clock. Clare came back with some wine in search of a party so we had a bit of one before going home.

10 comments:

Gill said...

"Sarah said she's going to get me a stick to beat men off with."

LOL!

I'd lend you mine, but I'm flipping well USING IT!

;-)

Rosie said...

...use it well!
It's ok; I think I'm just going to have to grow my own ;-)

Elaine said...

Think of the downside, the loo seat always up, the shavings in the sink, SHARING your bed with a snorer!!

Anonymous said...

"A stick to beat men off with"? An unfortunate choice of words there Rosie.

Rosie said...

O, no! who are you Anonymous? Why is it unfortunate? It's a bit of a running joke about the stick, which I could explain, but not now. Argh! *cringe*

Gill said...

Looks like you rattled someone's cage there Rosie ;-)

Lloyd said...

Having a schoolboy sense of humour myself I can only assume they mean this: http://www.urbanup.com/1093352 but that may say more about me...

I don't know if blogger sends you an e-mail with notification of comments - you might find some clues in there - let me know if you need some help :)

Rosie said...

Thanks, Lloyd. I needed a man (with a schoolboy sense of humour) to figure that one out. ROFL, and [cringe] even more. (I expect you're tittering at the name of my blog, too?). So does that mean I might not have offended [very nice man] at all? come to think of it, I don't think it was him I told I had a blog, it was [someone else]. In that case it was a joke, so why didn't they put a smiley jokey face or something? don't people know how sensitive I am???
Yes I do get comment notification emails, and no, I don't need any help with, ahem, you know, the stick. [crawls in hole and dies]...PMSL.

Rosie said...

by the way, Lloyd, that urban dictionary is stupid- everyone knows what 'beating men off with a stick' means... don't they?

Gill said...

I think your anonymous commenter was trying to freak you out Rosie. The comment has vaguely shadowy 'I know you but you don't know me' connotations.

So, who do you know who harbours comic book villain fantasies, a grievance against you and who doesn't have the courage to challenge you face to face? I'd be looking there for the culprit myself.

Have you been confiscating anyone's Marvel collection? Sweeties? Football? Er... anything? ;-)