Tuesday, June 26, 2007

bit more sanity

I'm just recovering from a really bad cold (still nearly deaf but ears not hurting andy more). I've had Dave and Kelly phoning me up today to see if I was OK and if I needed anything. I spoke to them both last night in a delirious state after I took to my bed at 3pm, and was still waiting for Brendan to arrive to make the children's tea and bring my remedy (Gelsemium 200). I was sweating and incoherent and highly emotional. Well, it had to come out sooner or later. Joy made the tea: sausages, baked potatoes and beans, and brought me some on a plate, bless. Brendan finally arrived and put the boys in bed and took Joy back with him so he could drop her at the school bus stop in the morning. I woke up at about 8.30pm with a note from Joy, saying: I am going now, I will go strat to ballet from school. I got up for a bit then slept all night.

So I was up and about today and started pottering about in the garden, after putting some washing out. Weeding turned out to be very theraputic and I didn't get tired. The boys had a bonfire, which kept them happy all afternoon. We even had a sing-song before bed, though I could hardly hear my guitar. They seemed to really enjoy it and even danced about. They wanted to sing "In the highways" ("...I'll be somewhere working for the lord") but we couldn't get the computer to play it and I couldn't quite remember it, not having played it before, but I think we did a pretty good job, considering all, even sneaked a few harmonies in! We should do singing more often, I even considered maybe doing a timetable, so we don't forget to do all the things we like doing! OK, maybe September... one thing at a time. Last night in my delerious state I remember going on about my doubts about home educating... can I really manage it? Is this because I'll have all three of them come September? Somehow I think it will actually make it easier as we'll be able to get back into the swing of things and going to groups, especially now Freddie's older. He was only 2 last time I had all three of them, and this time he'll be 4 in October. I think it'll be alright, and I plan on visiting some of my far-flung friends, so watch out!

So, as you can probably tell, things are a little more bit upbeat and positive here, since my terrible sleepless weekend without the children. On Sunday I did quite a lot of clearing out in the garage and planned to do a lot more in the house, but ran out of time and energy. I had an estate agent round on Monday morning, but afterwards decided that I would wait a couple of weeks before putting the house on the market. Brendan is keen to do it asap, he thinks the housing market is going to crash, well, if it does, I'll just have to stay here, won't I?
I am planning to get a working fireplace put into the front room,which will take the longest, and while this is going on, or I am waiting for it to go on, I will get the rest of the house sorted, get rid of some more stuff in the garage, and put any stray packed boxes that won't fit in cupboards in there; I have asked Brendan to sort out all the broken light fittings in the bathrooms, and the garage, and possibly the front room. When the fire is done I will repaint the floor, and walls, and probably the living room as well- I think it will look shed loads better, and one coat would do it. I'll do it all antique white.

Meg's coming home tonight! and it's her birthday today! She wasn't going to come home for another week, but has had a fall-out with one of her bosses, who sounds like the sort of guy who falls out with people all the time. She had a great time at Glastonbury, anyway, what I great way to spend your 20th birthday! She sent me a postcard with mud on it and she phoned me today saying it felt like the whole world was mud and tents!

The baby rabbits are so cute, and Joy has been bringing them in the house, with Snowball, who doesn't seem to mind, and actually feeds them in the house. Joy's been knitting a scarf for Grandma, and is doing really well, at least a foot and it's quite wide and stripy- she's really got the hang of it now. She said she liked going to daddy's house on her own last night.

O God, I seem to be actually keeping it together, don't I? I just have to remember to pace myself and not try and do too much. Now, where did I pack that iron?

1 comment:

Author One said...

Of course you are keeping it together - you're stronger than you know dear woman ;-)