Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I have a tiny baby rabbit on my lap. He had fallen out of the nest and was cold. I think the only thing we could do was warm it up and put it back. It seems to be ok- moving around a bit but I think its only chance is to go back in with the others, hopefully to be fed by snowball tonight.
Three of them died yesterday, leaving four, plus 'Lucky'. I was at my tai chi class and by the time I got they had thankfully been buried.
Yesterday I forgot to take Joy to school and ballet, but they all played really well and I got on with some packing. I don't think the free range rabbits are going down very well with the neighbours, so I caught Miffy and put him in the hutch for his own safety. They have guns for dealing with rabbits round here. The children were pretty free range, too, going on an adventure to the park. They were actually looking forward to the new house where there will be loads of adventuring to be done, being between the park and the woods.
Today we managed school, but lunched out on the home-ed group. I was feeling very raw and emotional and tired and needed to get on with stuff. The boys played quietly all day, fortunately. Fergus was particularly quiet and just wanted peace and quiet in his room with his dinosaurs. Dave came up in the morning to do some taichi- the theory was it would get me in the right space for getting on with packing, etc. But I was really emotional after he left- I think it was a bit too intense for me. I know he's trying to be supportive, but under the circumstances maybe he's not the right person to be doing that, as I can't detatch myself and neither can he. He can still go and see his girlfriend though. I shouldn't be bothered but I am. And I know he won't leave her- he would have done already, wouldnt he? Well, you don't know the story, and I don't want to go into it now, but you know how long I've been going to tai chi- six months. I don't know if the emotional turmoil cancels out the support I get from him. I just don't understand what's going on any more. I mean I would have been emotional anyway, and maybe I needed to be, and I did feel better after lunch. When every settles down for me I know I will be able to handle the situation better.
I did manage to get some paperwork done that had been really bugging me and claimed income support (with the Child Support opt-out, so I will have another interview for that). I am feeling a lot calmer now. I couldn't find the rescue remedy but have been taking Arnica 200, after talking with the homeopath, and she is going to make me up some bush-flower equivalent tomorrow.
Ok, Lucky's rooting on my arm, I think its time to try and put him back.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh Rosie I so hope things start to happen soon.

'EF' said...

Courage to you, Rosie..you can do this :)

About the on/off emotional turmoil with Tai Chi D. ... it's just the way isn't it? He sounds really kind. The girlfriend being the fly in the ointment..

It would be a good thing for you to have someone you could lean on unconditionally and fully (a sweetheart with no loose ends) right now...so you could collapse a little in trust. But you know, by the sounds of what you are writing about, you are doing an excellent job of getting through and aknowledging your grief at the same time..that's sheer determination that is ;)

Rosie said...

Thankyou