Thursday, June 14, 2007

O, there's the lasagne dish...

Lucky died in the night. He looked ok when he snuggled back into the nest. I think maybe Snowball chucked him out or he just wandered out by himslef and got cold. Joy cried and she got me going too, then she said, It's ok, mum it's only a baby rabbit that died. So we were too late for the school bus, but it was good to take Joy into the class, where Jane whispered hat she would keep an eye on her. Jane is lovely and works when I work on Friday afternooons, and we chat over lunch about everything, and she is quite happy to let Fergus join in with her class, who are usually outside, while I garden with Freddie.

I also woke up to being told (gleefully) that it was raining on the stairs. The roof is leaking again in the same place. I phoned Bob, who said that everyone was phoning him about their rooves. Well he is a roofer, and it has been raining.. but I paid him £9oo to fix mine. Anyway, he tried it on with me when I went to pay him last time, the creep. I had to go up into the loft this morning to empty out the lasagne dish, which they had left there from before it was (supposedly) fixed. This involved crawling on the fibreglass-covered joists with a torch and bucket all the way from the front to the back of the house. It must be full already as it's dripping into the bucket on the stairs and the ceiling paper's coming down- that I paid someone else to put up after it was 'fixed'. I can't go back up there now as the trap door is directly above Freddie's bed.

So, anyway, I tackled the utility room today and it was surprisingly rewarding as I was able to throw away at least half of the stuff. Still there: a fish bowl, 3 tool boxes, gardening box. I found a really smart coat in moss green I could wear to dad's funeral. I think it needs a brooch as it's awfully plain, and a bit on the big side now; I got it last winter.
Sarah said I was shrinking when she hugged me- the incredible shrinking woman- I said I had to shrink to fit into my new house: a pepperpot? no, a shoe.

Michelle called in and I carried on pottering with the baking cupboard, which had been infiltrated by mice, which made it easier as I had to get rid of everything that wasn't in jars.
I had the second part of my benefit phone interview, which involved acknowledging that I was no longer working, ahem, so wouldn't be getting Working tax credits, but could get income support, but this situation could change back again, as in the case of actors and seasonal workers. I explained that I had been too distressed to work for 8 weeks but he cancelled it as from yesterday, so I will still get another 4 weeks WTC.
Michelle looked after the boys while I picked Joy up and my Emergency Essence, which is like Rescue remedy. It is working. Also my friend Josee, who is training to be a homeopath, recommended Ignatia for grief.
I drove Michelle up the hill with her shopping as her Defender is still on the blink, and it was raining. So it was nice to catch up round at Sarah's while I was up there

Dave phoned earlier, to ask if I was ok, and he would be passing and could call in. I think I put him off, as I asked what he was doing up here, he was visiting another (woman) friend, so I couldn't resist teasing him about keeping all his girlfriends happy, and that it just wasn't possible was it? When he said maybe he should stick to one, I said yes, maybe he should. I was only joking with him, but you know, many a true word said in jest. I can really say anything to him and he doesn't react, which is great for the sake of honesty. I passed him on my way back up home- so he didn't call in. I am feeling a lot better now and less needy and can actually refrain from phoning him up, which is a good thing.

I'm planning to go to Callis tomorrow night straight after my Tai chi class, to do some singing with Dawn, and/or catch up with Guy, so I probably won't be around to blog- so if not that's what I will be doing- hopefully having a great time round a fire. Hope it doesnt rain.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I will be really happy for you when the day comes (soon hopefully) that your blogs starts .. not much happened to write about today..

Rosie said...

He he he! it aint gonna happen while Mercury's in retrograde...