Tuesday, June 19, 2007

did too much

Well it's thunder and lightning here; I'm sat in front of the big window for the full dramatic effect. But all is clam, now, in the house. The children went to bed fairly early and I've had a visit from Dave: did a bit of tai chi in the garden and a bit of a chat. Meg's just about to set off for Glastonbury; I should go and talk to her; she'll be 20 next time I see her... Ok well she's in the shower...
Well the last few days have been quite trying but everything went ok. The children went off with Brendan on Sunday afternoon to the pig race at the Blue Pig (like a duck race, only with blue pigs).
I drove down to mum's on Sunday evening with Meg. No-one else was there till Monday morning: my brother turned up and gave mum a lift to the funeral and I went with Meg. I picked some flowers from the garden with mum to take. It was good- I mean it was a good ceremony- I was pretty emotional but tried to keep it together as I was between my mum and Meg. It was a celebration of his life and some great things were said about my dad. He was a really amazing person. I have a few pictures- there were some I hadn't seen before of him building the house I grew up in. We went back to the pub and chatted to most of the family and back at mum's. Me and Meg stayed till about 9.30 so we didn't get home till 1am. It should only take three hours, but I got bored of dodging lorries and mooched around WHSmiths at Keele services for a bit- such a dodgy place- I never stop there.
Mel looked after the children on Monday- still haven't found out much of what they did then. And she had them for an hour this morning so I didn't have to get up too early.
I had a really full on day today which was more that I could handle really- I was quite subdued. I took Meg to the supermarket to get supplies for Glasto and dropped her off at college. Then straight on to my Job Centre interview, which went surprisingly well: I think they were kind to me because the knew about the funeral. The boys got a bit bored there but were generally good, supplied with crayons, paper and happy hippos.
Then it was the hospital with Fergus, which turned into a bit of a palaver, so an hour and a half later and pot-free, we went back to pick Joy up and take her to ballet. I went home then and this is where I lost the plot and started losing it with the children. I put Fergus in the bath to wash his arm, but also to calm him down and keep him away from Freddie.
Joy came home and saw to the remaining three baby rabbits, which are now opening their eyes, are all brown, and look really like rabbits, apparently. I had to have a lie down before finishing making the tea: I had started a stirfry and had to do that instaed of something a bit easier (or even easier) even though I was having palpitations for an hour and a half.
I lost it again just before bedtime (Meg was winding me up a bit and not helping, well she is a bit busy), but I got them in bed and went downstairs and calmed down before I could read them a story. So I did manage it, phew!
So, I got through today. Tomorrow's another day. I have the group, with singing workshop, and in the morning I think I will need to make a few phonecalls. It sounds like I'm back to square one with the house. I'm not really that bothered if I lose that house I was buying. I'm past caring, really, but I wasn't really attatched to it, and it had it's down sides. I went to look at it last night on the way home and it just seemed like: that was the house I was going to buy... I'm not looking forward to putting this house on the market now. Maybe there's no rush, 'cept I'm running out of money fast. Actually, I could get them to suspend payments- aha, might just do that.
I better go and see if Meg's got out the shower, and I think maybe I've got a text to send, is it three days yet?

5 comments:

Elaine said...

you have done well Rosie have a pat on the back x

Louise said...

Gah Rosie, not been here for a while. So sorry to hear you are having such a hard time, I hope things get easier/better in the not too distant future xxxxx

'EF' said...

I was holding my breath through this post...am glad that it didn't end with "..and the police escorted me off the premises on handcuffs.." or someting like that.

No-one's going to judge you for losing it. You are going through a lot. The weather ain't helping much...maybe things will lift a little when the sun dries up a bit of the puddles..

Sorry to cluck..but making sure you are eating alright is the key....even if it all feels like it is falling around your ears..just keep that fire stoked. Ice Cream!!! Lots of it!!! Treble Choc ice cream!!!! That's what I say...i ate a whole tub last night and I can honestly say that was all it took :)

Oooh Glastonbury..I can remember my parents taking me when it was just a hut.

'EF' said...

....in handuffs I meant..*groan*

Rosie said...

Yes, I am eating, thanks for your concern, but my dairy intolerance has flared up again so it was Vegan curry tonight, at Joy's request, although I think I made it too hot for her. I think I need a bit more comfort food, though... Coffee is a no no with all the stress, but I am very tempted with my favorite lunch for tomorrow: sweet back coffee, cream cheese and avacados on bagels. Mmm maybe I can get some of that pretend cream cheese, and pretend ham....Dairy free ice cream? it is nice!