Saturday, June 16, 2007

butter-side down

So what else can happen? Well I was phoned by the estate agent this morning at 9 (six hours after I went to bed!) to be told that the house I was supposed to be buying is going back on the market and they already have another offer. I did have the vendor's mobile number but she appears to have changed it. She has probably gone to Glastonbury by now, and the buyers are off there now selling pizzas, they still want to buy this house but I don't feel like doing anything at the moment. It would have been nice to have a breathing space- well maybe I'll just have to give myself one. (Fergus is doing my head in - not asking, but rudely saying I'm hiding and not letting him have another piece of bread).

Martin now can't go to the funeral, so I am off the hook of having to pursuade him not to go- Meg really didn't want him to go and I didn't think it was a good idea, but I was really past caring. He's going to give her a lift to Glasto afterwards as she will have missed her lift with the people she's working for.

I got a parking ticket last night when I was parked outside Dave's house. The stupid thing is he has a visitor's permit but I had to give it back to him, didn't I?

Brendan told me he has been reading my blog- I thought he just looked at the pictures, which he no longer has to do as he does see the children. Please don't read it, Brendan- it's like being stalked; go away.

Another one of the baby rabbits died in the night. Josee is coming up this afternoon to see what she can do to help. She used to breed them so if anyone can help she can.

Murphy's Law: if something can go wrong it will: butter-side down syndrome.

The kids have been a bit wild and traumatised, but now they are kind of ok, practising Judo moves on each other. It will be great for them to see Josee's kids (one of them was at Judo this morning). Freddie wants to go on the computer. (when he wants something he says it over and over again until he gets it or just cries and cries till he is distracted). I need to go to bed, but this may have to wait till later.

3 comments:

Gill said...

Eeh lass, it'll all come out in the wash!

Is that comforting or just patronising? It was meant to be comforting.

Can definitely empathise re: the blog-reading. *shudder*. At least he had the grace to tell you (eventually) - better than just finding out from blog stats, as I did :-/

You're giving good blog these days anyway! Not surprised he's been reading it ;-)

Elaine said...

Hi Rosie I left a comment earlier but blogger seems to have developed an appetite for them!. How has today been?

Rosie said...

>>Eeh lass, it'll all come out in the wash!
no, not patronising: I remember my homeopath saying this to me and it made us both laugh that she had said it, but it was ok, and true.
The message is 'all will be well', which is nice to be reminded of.